Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bishop's Counsel, "Continue with Pathways Program"

I met with my Bishop on Sunday, and short of telling me what to do, he counseled that I should continue with the Pathways program. The reason I considered not to, was due to the demands the program has on my focus. I still intend to pursue a real estate license and that requires completing a 72 hour course on-line. I thought that it would be too much for me to handle, to do both. The question that I couldn't answer was, whether I was afraid of the extra commitment, extra work, and pushing myself, or whether it was that it was an impossibility to do both. After carefully thinking about it, I have to say that I am better prepared to meet the challenge as a result of my participation in the Pathways program in the first place. Maybe, that's more it than anything else. I don't yet fully appreciate or identify with the person that has grown since September of last year. So with your help, support, and prayers, I have decided to take on the challenge and do both. As I was writing this I began to weep uncontrollably because of the testimony I have that I know that this is what my Heavenly Father wants me to do. When that happens, when I have that testimony, I am more afraid of not doing, than I am courageous. However, I have complete confidence that He will help me through it. I love you guys, and to be quite honest, I was having a little trouble dealing with the fact that I wouldn't be associating with you all as we do in the program. So at least now, that's one less thing for me to think about.
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Glad your still with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you are staying. I really value all of your comments in class. We are all a part of what we have become and I know that Heavenly Father is blessing us all through one another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I am glad that you are still with us. We all have faith in you, that you will be able to do this with the Lord's help.

    ReplyDelete